Things I Love: Emporium & Melbourne Central

September 14, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments


That's Melbourne, Play Melbourne
 Emporium and Melbourne Central are two large shopping malls located in the CBD. These two shopping centres are linked to each other as well as to Myer and David Jones. Emporium features 225 stores including UNIQLO, Muji, Michael Kors, Victoria's Secret, Zoo York, Zimmerman, and several other designers and stores. There's a food court on the lower ground level and upper levels. Melbourne Central has over 300 retailers such as Mecca Maxima, Dangerfield, Dotti, Forever New, Sportsgirl, and lots more. There's food courts located on the lower ground level and on the upper levels. Melbourne Central also hosts Hoyts, a cinema with large screens and 3D shows. There are even grocery stores and pharmacies located inside MC. There's nail salons and hair salons as well. The lower ground floor also has a train station, making it a major transportation hub. Melbourne Central, long story short, has pretty much everything.

 Melbourne: Shopping, Melbourne Central by Shannon Hobbs 
 These two shopping centres are my favourite places to just walk around in and window shop. I spent a lot of my time doing so when I was on break. Of course, I also purchased quite a few things here. Mainly clothing. Melb Central is also a very common place to meet up with friends due to its proximity to pretty much everything in the city. It's right across the street from the State Library of Victoria, diagonal of QV and RMIT University. The free city circle tram also stops in front of it and it is the beginning/end of the free tram zone. When I return to Melbourne and do a degree at RMIT, I'll be seeing Melb Central every day.

Pho Nom at the lower ground food court in Emporium
If you ever visit Melbourne I recommend checking out these two centres to have a day of clothes shopping. Because Melbourne has seasons, you can get clothing for any sort of weather here. I bought a lot of sweaters and a few jackets and coats. Try some sweets at Chokolait in Emporium or bubble tea from Chatime in both MC and Emporium. There's lots of food available here, but I recommend grabbing some sushi, dumplings, or noodles. Avoid the McDonald's if you can, you can get that anywhere!

Here are some external links if you're interested in reading more about this topic: Emporium Melbourne website, Melbourne Central website

0 Comments: