Things I Love: MILK

October 01, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments


It may seem odd, but flavoured milks are pretty common in Australia. In America? Not so much. The only milk flavours I can find in any grocery store near me are chocolate and strawberry. Coffee, caramel, mocha, and banana are the most common flavours that I saw that weren't chocolate or strawberry. Coffee milk varieties were the most common flavour of milk overall.
All of these alternate flavours are all virtually unheard of in your average American supermarket. They're a more common practice among the Asian market, such as South Korea, which is known to have an insane variety of milk flavours.

The two brands I saw in Melbourne were Big M, which is based in Victoria, and Oak, which is based in New South Wales. Big M is only common in Melbourne, with some distribution in NSW and Queensland. Oak is available outside of NSW and Victoria in Queensland and South Australia. Outside of these areas, I'm not sure just how common flavoured milks are overall. They could be mainly based in Victoria and NSW for all I know. What I do know is that I really enjoy these alternate flavours and I'd love to see them commonly available in America while I'm still out here.

Here are some external lines to check out if you're interested in learning more about Big M or Oak: Image owned by Big M, Big M wikipedia, Big M facebook, Oak wikipedia

0 Comments: