Sweets

March 16, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


I feel that I need to make a post dedicated to some of the amazing Melbourne sweets out there because I'm missing them! For starters we have the Pancake Parlour. I've never seen pancakes like these at pancake houses in America. They're awesome and absolutely overloaded with sugar.


There's also all the types of bubble tea available. This right here? Strawberry milk tea with fruit jelly? I can't get that anywhere near me, I don't even think I can find it in my state. It's depressing. Oh, Melbourne. You come with more perks than you realize.


There's also tons of baked goods. Most of them aren't as overly sweet as American bakeries but they still make them good. That tiramisu on the left came from an ice cream and coffee shop at Crown. I love their ice cream, it was my favorite in the city. The cake had a coffee bean on it as well as chocolate pieces. It was a nice addition and was more coffee than sweetness. With that ice cream scoop, though, you don't have to worry about missing out on sugar. The cupcake on the right is part of my upcoming Adventures: Port Melbourne post. (Look forward to that in a couple weeks!) It's from Cupcake Family which is a little baked goods shop in QV. I passed by it loads of times before ever actually stepping in and trying something. This is honestly the best strawberry cupcake ever. It's subtle and not sweetness overload, which is great. It's a shame they don't have these available every single day.


Looking at these makes me realize I missed my calling as a foodie on instagram. It also reminds me that I have a massive sweet tooth that cannot be contained. I hope I get a chance to try all these again!

0 Comments: