Random Compilation: Snapchats and Thoughts

April 13, 2016 Unknown 3 Comments



I had some snapchats left over still and compiled them. I'm not sure why I saved some of these to be honest! They were important at the time and I seem to have forgotten why but I decided to honor them anyway since I kept them. I didn't do a lot of video recordings, so I'll take what I can get.

Some of these are buskers, there's some clips from aboriginal rights protests, and just random snaps when I was around Melb. These were far from the best things I have snapchated which makes me wonder why I didn't save everything. Perhaps I was too caught up in the excitement that I just forgot to do so. It's funny because it feels like you're recording all the time. But when you don't save it, and sometimes even when you do, it doesn't seem like you have enough.

There's pressure on both sides to document absolutely everything you see and to just let yourself live in the moment. You can feel like you miss a lot when you're constantly focusing on your camera. I think I gave into the pressure to let myself take it in naturally when really I should've not let those thoughts take me over and instead just brought my camera with me where ever I went. And whenever I was having a particularly good moment or saw something cool for the first time gone "huh, you know what I think I want to keep this memory recorded" and taken a photo or recorded a short video. The importance of balance here is even more important when going overseas. You can't go back to revisit them when you're on the other side of the world whenever you please. You can return, of course, but it'll be a while. Don't take your time for granted and bust out that phone or camera whenever you want!

When I return, hopefully if I do snapchat when I'm out I'll save them. But more importantly, hopefully I'll take out my actual camera and record some real, decent footage to share. I just hope if I'm out with my friends they won't mind.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot girl. I like your designs - although I do not know if you designed this theme, but I like it. If you ever need a programmer, let me know (PHP mostly). Your snaps are soothing, and now I yearn for hearing a didge player again...

    Oh, in case you care, my only web-programming experience is in WordPress, really. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the editing features on Blogspot though. My god....

      Delete